Join us Tuesday, April 25, 2017, for the next Physician World Shared Practice Forum.
In this video, Brian K. Walsh, President of the American Association of Respiratory Care and Associate in Critical Care Medicine at Boston Children's Hospital, discusses how to optimize the use of non-invasive and invasive mechanical ventilation strategies for patients in the PICU to provide safe, effective, and efficient care.
Upon viewing this presentation, participants will be able to:
- Develop an approach to mechanically ventilate a variety of patients using specific physiologic targets and goals
- Improve selection of patients for non-invasive ventilation
- Gain a better understanding of patient-ventilator asynchrony
- Compare and contrast pressure and volume-controlled ventilation
- Describe the use of vital signs and ventilator trends to more effectively drive patient care
>>>Check back here on April 25, 2017 for a link to the Physician WSP.
Learn more about World Shared Practice Forums.