Join Harvard ethics experts on Thursday, December 8, 2016, from 2:00-4:00PM (EST) in a moderated online workshop on disclosure and apology after medical errors and adverse events.
Speaking with patients or families after a medical error or an adverse medical event is one of the most difficult conversations a clinician can have. Yet most clinicians have little or no training in how to prepare for and conduct these conversations.
This Disclosure and Apology course offers providers the tools, skills, and practice needed to conduct these difficult conversations with confidence and compassion.
The aim of this course is to help clinicians prepare for and practice for disclosure and apology and to seek appropriate support for these challenging conversations. The course features:
- Educational media presentations and exercises
- Powerful personal stories from patients, families, and providers about their experiences of medical error
- Video re-enactment of realistic disclosure and apology scenarios
- An interactive moderated online guided workshop
- Downloadable guides and resources