In this course, participants will learn the fundamentals of pediatric invasive mechanical ventilation including intubation, ventilator setup, initiation, management, assessment and documentation. Additionally, the attendee will complete an online ventilator simulation.
This is a free, self-paced, open-enrollment course that may be started and completed at any time. A version of this course providing Continuing Education credit is also available on the Boston Children’s Hospital Learning Cloud.
- Identify various oxygen-delivery devices and their associated benefits and limitations
- Demonstrate effective manual bag-mask ventilation technique
- Generate a standardized approach to preparing for intubation and extubation procedures
- Describe the basic principles of invasive mechanical ventilation
- Demonstrate how to safely set-up a mechanical ventilator and monitor intubated patients
- Practice titrating mechanical ventilator settings based on different clinical scenarios
- Demostrate how to effectively secure and suction endotracheal tubes
- Respiratory Therapists
Craig Smallwood, RRT
Debra Morrow, RN, BSN, CCRN, Robert Pascucci, MD, Traci Wolbrink, MD, MPH, Craig Smallwood, RRT, Mary-Jeanne Manning, APRN, MSN, BC, PNP, CCRN, Nancy Craig, RRT-NPS, Barry Grenier, RRT-NPS, Gerhard Wolf, MD, Kevin Bullock, MS, RRT-NPS
- Released: 10/8/2015