The peritoneal dialysis simulator offers stand-alone education on all elements of managing a child on peritoneal dialysis, including assessment of patient and dialysate; monitoring and responding to patient variables and laboratory results; and identifying complications from device manipulations.
You are here
Resource Visibility: Public
The hemodialysis (HD) simulator offers stand-alone education on the elements of initiating and managing a child on HD, including setting up an HD circuit, selecting a prescription, monitoring a patient, assessing laboratory values, and managing clinical complications.
The simulator contains three sections:
1. Knowledge Guide: Text, illustrations, animations, and interactive steps teach the learner the key concepts of hemodialysis and how to use the simulator.
2. Tactics: Short problems take the learner through using a structured approach to solve problems.
3. Cases: Clinical scenarios to practice formulating an appropriate hemodialysis prescription for various clinical scenarios, as well as troubleshooting problems as they arise.
When using the hemodialysis simulator:
- The simulator only stores progress for logged in users; to preserve your progress, please make sure to register and log in.
- If the simulator does not completely fit in your browser window, you can adjust the size of the simulator by resizing your browser window.
- Please send feedback or questions regarding the simulator to email@example.com.
Licensing Information: All Rights Reserved